Thursday, January 29, 2015

True love?

Hello there,

It's been so long since I've written anything now. I can't seem to put my heart into writing a post after such a long time. But recently, while on a train ride, I pondered on a seemingly simple yet mind-boggling question. 

What is true love? 

Is there such a thing?

or is there only love?

Well, it's not as if I'm a crazy lady who lives alone with 10,000 cats. I know what love means. Even then I'd still know love, with my 10,000 cats and all. But then again, love can be a very complicated thing. What people might see as love, I might not. And vice versa. Love can be seen anywhere really. It's in the eyes of the beholder. Between humans beings, animal or even animals and human beings or with objects where you have a sentimental memory of. 

I've been obsessed with a Korean reality programme called The Superman Returns. It basically a show about dads taking care of their kids. And when a little girl in the show was asked 'what is love', she replied saying it's when being able to make a person laugh. (And of course, I paraphrase. I don't exactly know what she said. It's in Korean.) 

'Love is being able to make a person laugh.' How innocent and yet I quite agree with that.  The world now has somehow complicated such a term through the social media in it's materialistic ways. 

'Being able to make a person laugh.' hmmmm... 

To be honest, to me, to love is to care for a person. To be able to make them feel happy or sad in any situation. To be able to feel like whatever you do will affect them. And to be able to make them proud in your own ways. 

I have always tried my best in doing things as to not disappoint the people I love. And if you've been reading my blogs, you'd know that being a disappointment has and always will be the biggest fear of mine.  

However, true love is a different thing altogether. ( To me anyways.) And I have came across a quote saying that true love isn't found but built. 

Love doesn't always relate to romance and I hope that it stays as simple and as innocent as it possibly can. Like a child's' mind where overthinking is non-existence and not corrupted. 

Anyways, that's it for now. Till next time. xoxo


PS. Just wanted to share my Current fav song.


No comments:

Post a Comment